L. Thomas Cox Jr. has over 40 years of experience in not-for-profit, public, private, and governmental accounting and auditing; including charter, public and private schools; audit and review partner on audits of counties, municipalities, and not-for-profit recipients of federal and state funds. He also provided services for state and federal funded programs such as Medicaid and State Children’s Health Insurance Program (“CHIP”). He was a technical reviewer for the GFOA Certificate of Achievement program. Mr. Cox was CRI’s partner representative to the AICPA’s Government Audit Quality Center.
Education, Licenses, & Qualifications:
- BS, Accounting, Florida State University
- Certified Public Accountant – Florida
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Government Finance Manager
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Board member – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners: Tallahassee Chapter
- Member – FICPA Peer Review Committee.
- Member – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Former Member FICPA Charter School Taskforce
- Member – CRI Quality Control Committee
- Chairman of State Board of Accountancy Peer Review Oversight Committee.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Society of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- FSU Department of Accounting Professional Advisory Board, Former Member.